COVID-19 Information Regarding Funerals
The health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. We want to assure you that Worlein Funeral Home is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
In response to the guidance we received, Worlein Funeral Home has taken the following measures to serve you.
- Any funeral service, memorial service, or family viewing will be restricted to a group of 50% capacity, which at Worlein is 57 people.
- Social distancing and masks will be required. A personal space zone (distance of 6 ft.) will be created between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with the members of the family you are here to visit.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries, refrain from visiting the funeral home at this time.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at each doorway entrance of each visitation chapel.
- Additional tissue boxes have been places around. Please use these to cough or sneeze into and dispose of them in the nearest trash receptacle.
- No funeral lunches will be allowed on the premises.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean our funeral home, lounge, restrooms, reception facility after each service with particular attention paid to high touch items like knobs, faucets and chairs
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting these public areas
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
We will update this information as new details become available.
If you have any questions about the funeral home operations, please feel free to contact us at 507 – 433 – 5000 or through our website.
Thank you for your patience and prayers.
Worlein Funeral Home Staff
Updated on 09/25/2020